Sunday, January 2, 2011

Essay #76: New Start to Start


Happy New Year!
"Blank page, clean slate, new beginning, paths to create.
Let's get a move on, we've got a new start to start." 
                          -Hark the Herons 

A new year. A fresh start. Time for resolutions, goals, evaluations. Perfect for an introspective overthinker like me.  2010 was a year I wouldn't care to repeat, but I'm glad I lived it.

I'm not much for resolutions - they're usually broken nearly before they're made - but I am a goal setter. My goals for 2011 are pretty simple: Take more photos, get in shape, actually use my vacation time and not feel guilty about it, travel just because I can.

What kinds of thoughts does the new year inspire in you?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Liz! I like this picture, mostly because I was there when you took it. I'm impressed how you see beautiful things in the mundane. I also like your reasonable goals for 2011. I hope to make one new friend in Antigo and clean a lot of stuff out we no longer need.

    ReplyDelete